Monday, April 7, 2014

Environmental E-Card Sketch

Here is my e-card sketch:



  The point of the card is to have the Earth appear as a sick child to "Mother Nature" which is the female figure holding the planet on in the first sketch.  If I can find a sufficient image, I would like the Earth to appear to be swaddled like a baby.  They may be a bit hard to see, but I put a couple of small cars and smoke stacks on the Earth's surface that are all producing smoke.  Color wise, I would like the Earth to appear as very dull and darkened as if it were ill.  The background of the image I would like to be space with other planets operating as they typically do behind the mother while the mother tries to tend to her sickest "child."  I would like the other colors of the background to be brighter and graphic so as to accentuate the contrast between the Earth's status and their's.  The message, "Mother Nature shouldn't be the only one nurturing the Earth," is meant to convey that we all have to play a part in preventing pollution from harming our planet.  We can't just rely on nature to regulate itself anymore. On the inside, I have a statistic that I found here:  http://www.ucsusa.org/clean_vehicles/why-clean-cars/global-warming/ that pertains to air pollution caused by vehicle emissions to tie in the smoke-making items on the Earth.  And finally, a call to action with, "What Can You Do to Help Heal Our Sick Planet" on the other side.  I also want to have a fairly non-opaque image of a bike, maybe on a lawn in the background implying that biking may be something people could do to help cut down on air pollution. I haven't yet decided on font, but I know that I don't want it to be as typewriter-ly as my awareness poster text was this time.  Nothing too terribly bold either as I don't want to scare viewers too much..  Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment